Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cleaning House

I was cleaning out one of my billions of jump drives, and ran across this quotation from Havel and thought I would share it.

"Only by looking outward, by caring for things that in terms of pure survival one needn’t bother with at all…only by throwing oneself over and over again into the tumult of this world, with the intention of making one’s voice count – only thus does one really become a person, a being capable of a miracle: the recreation of the world."– Vaclav Havel

As we enter into the holiday season full of rejoicing, reflection, revelry and regret, and enter into a new year of resolutions, change, and hope, I challenge you to ask the following questions:How can I throw myself into the tumult of the world? Am I making my voice count? In what ways can I recreate the world? Consider these questions, and then go out and take action!

No comments: