Monday, December 29, 2008

New years Resolution

Yes its that time when we create all sorts of unrealistic expectations for ourselves only to end up frustrated less than a week into the new year. Can I really be that cynical about New Year's resolutions? Yes. My theme this year is that the devil is in the details. I'm going to think small in order to achieve big. For myself, I am going to exercise for at least a minute a day, I am going to exercise portion control while eating, I am going to keep up this blog at least once a week, I am going to practice free-writing for a minute a day, I am going to spend more quality time with my family, and I am going to think of at least one positive thing to say to each person I interact with. In general, instead of asking why, I will say, "Why not?" I will continue to promote creative thinking, and I will smile more often. There are probably some other things, but the list is already becoming a bit complicated. What are you going to do? Please share here. Happy New Year!

No comments: