Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm back from KCACTF and Playing catchup at School


I had a great week at KCACTF. On Monday we had our first rehearsal for Atlas of Mud, which won the national science award last year. On Tuesday, we met the playwright, and she realized we had the wrong version of the script. After a 1/2 hour delay for photocopying and three-hole punching, we were back on track. Had some good prospects stop by our table at the college fair. I also had the chance to chat w/ friends and collegues I hadn't seen in a while. On Wednesday we rehearsed in the morning and afternoon in the Lied Center, and we performed at 3:00. great space, great play, great playwright, and great group of actors and director to work with. On Thursday my workshop was packed(thanks in part to Serena and her friends). Thursday night was spent exploring what Lawrence had to offer with my good friends Tim and Scott. Friday I had a luncheon, saw The Rabbit Hole, and proceeded back to Marshall. i saw some other shows, readings, and workshops during the week, but left them out of my brief chronology. On firday night the boys decorated a cake for grandma Myrna. On Saturday we hopped up to Iowa. I saw Slumdog Millionaire in Des Moines. If you haven't seen it get off your ass and go! On Sunday we had a suprise brunch for my mom in Ottumwa. This week has been about getting caught up from being gone for a week. I've been invited to go down to the Region 6 festival to do some workshops, but I don't think I can work it into my schedule. I'm still mulling it over though. I forgot that before we went to Iowa Saturday, Martin's Shark Car raced in the Pinewood Derby. Also, this week Rowan made a Chinese Dragon for the Chinese New Year celebration at school.

No comments: