Sunday, August 16, 2009

Logging the miles on Big Bad Buddha Bike


So I rescued a cruiser from the weeds at my parent's, actually I rescued a cruiser and a 5 speed, but I've got the cruiser up and running, and have moved the rear rack from the five speed to the cruiser. I was having difficulty coming up with a name until the bike came to me in a dream and declared its name to be Big Bad Buddha Bike. I am using this a a new point of departure for this blog to log my miles for Team Wonderbike and any thoughts I may have along the way. Two weeks ago I logged about 9 miles on Chris' bike. Last week I logged 21 miles on the Big Bad Buddha Bike. Which gives me the total of 30 that I have pledged to Team Wonderbike. I figured my miles by mapping my route to my office on google maps. I figured that rather than drive to campus, I could bike, use less gas, save some gas, be nicer to the planet, and be nicer to my body and my mind. I only wish that Marshall were more bike and pedestrian friendly, but many communities have a long way to go on this front. Maybe if more people start biking and walking the needs will be addressed. If you are interested in becoming a member of Team Wonderbike go to the following website. http://www.newbelgium.com/team-wonderbike

No comments: