Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Loose Seat

Starting out today, I had to tighten a couple of nuts on the rear rack, but then it worked fine lugging my cordless drill to campus. Couldn't get in to work on the new black box, because they haven't moved the weight equipment out yet. The influx of students in mid-August must have taken them by surprise. Coming home my seat started to pan from side to side again. Need to tighten it some more, but I'm trying to wait until September when I can get a bike wrench. The C-wrench is startind to round off the nuts. And everyone knows that there's nothing worse. I kept wondering if the loose seat is some sort of sign. Do I need to be more of a tight ass? Or do I need to loosen up and not worry so much? Tomorrow I will ride in without tightening my seat to see what that brings. I know if I wait long enough, the bike will provide the answer.
On another note, we have to do something about these idiots showing up a large public gatherings with loaded weapons. There is a vibe coming from these right wing fear mongers that is making me a little nervous about the future. Maybe they need to tighten a couple of nuts.

No comments: